Sunday, October 23, 2005

I love to hear it anyway...

I few weeks ago my wife and I saw Serenity (2005) at one of the local theaters. Viewing it from a reformed perspective, I thought it got the total depravity of man right, i.e. man is inherently sinful and cannot redeem himself. However, I found it without Gospel. Nonetheless, one of the final lines of the movie was pretty good. The spaceship captain ("Mal") is explaining to a passenger ("River"), who is clairvoyant, how to operate the craft when he stops in mid sentence and says, "I don't know why I am telling you this, you already know what I am going to say." To which River replies, "I know, but I love hearing you say it anyway." I thought "how interesting." Is this the way God might respond to those who say, "Why should I pray -- he knows what I am going to pray before I even bow my head?" Perhaps because he loves to hear us pray to Him anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home