Monday, April 03, 2006

No Mickey Mouse Church


When my family is vacationing, one of the things we enjoy most is visiting new churches. Last week my oldest daughter was on Spring break so we made our way down to Ormond Beach, Florida. After several days of playing at the beach, long afternoon naps, and eating lots of ice cream, we took a short road trip down to Orlando to visit St. Paul's Presbyterian Church (PCA) on Sunday.

Frankly, our last few experiences visiting churches, all of which were PCA, have been pretty disappointing. This was not the case as St. Paul's. We found a group of believers committed to worshiping the Lord with reverence and awe. One of the things I liked about St. Paul's was it had kneelers (I just wished they had used them more often). Another was, when it came time to take the Lord's Supper, the pastor prayed with each of the covenant children individually that were not yet communing members.

If you find yourself in Orlando on a Sunday, I would encourage you to gather with the saints at St. Paul's. You will be blessed.

* Have you noticed that while on vacation some wish to take a vacation from worship as well? Why is this and what does it indicate about their view of worship? I am not saying this to boast. Rather, I know how badly I need to hear the Gospel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home