Friday, June 08, 2007

Called to Communion

Our oldest daughter, Hannah Grace, who is six (6), has been asking a lot of questions about Communion the past few months. When I asked her why she wanted to take Communion she said she wanted to think about it. A little later, she came back to me and announced that she felt she was being "called to take Communion." At first, I thought she had just picked-up on some Christian cliché. However, the more I thought about it, the more I thought that was actually a great answer! Just as I sometimes call my children to the dinner table, does not our Heavenly Father call His children to His table? Is it not a great blessing to be invited to this heavenly feast we call Communion? Yes, Hannah Grace, we are called to the table.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home