Monday, November 21, 2005

Red Boots for Christmas

If you are looking for a great Christmas Story this year, I invite you to check out Red Boots for Christmas. At one time you could get a hard copy from Lutheran Hour Ministries, but apparently you will have to settle for the online storybook version now. There may be a DVD/VHS out there if you search hard enough because I saw it on TV a few years ago, as well.

There is a great line in the little book that I love. Let me set it up for you. Hans, our scrooge type protagonist, is visited by an angel one night that tells him God is going to give him a special gift for Christmas this year. This sends Hans scurrying about the village to look for the perfect gift to give God in return. In his quest to find the perfect gift, he runs into a elderly peasant lady on the street named Gretchen. He asks Gretchen's advice on what to give God for Christmas? Gretchen responds, "I would give Him what I give Him every day -- my sins for His pardon, my weakness for His strength, and my sorrow for His joy." Ahh -- the Gospel!

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Tim said...

Hi Thomas!

I'm delighted to find your blog! And thanks for the tip on a good Christmas gift.

We miss you guys!

 
At 1:04 PM, November 22, 2005, Blogger Tim said...

Hi Thomas, I delighted to find your blog! And thanks for the Christmas gift tip.

We miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home