Thursday, September 07, 2006

Shaking My Head at the Radio (Again)

The other day I was listening to the local "positive" radio station (Shh...don't call them "Christian") and I caught a song by Stellar Kart entitled "Me and Jesus." The following chorus really stood out to me:
"Someone loves you even when you don't think so don't you know you got Me and Jesus by your side through the fight you will never be alone on your own you got me and Jesus"
If you are a big fan of Stellar Kart, I apologize in advance. Perhaps these guys are really faithful to their friends and loved ones, but I know, unlike Jesus, that I am going to fail those I love the most. Moreover, I know that I can not begin to show the love Christ demonstrated on the cross and would never equate my commitment with his. Christ's glory will not be shared. In the end, Christ is the only true promise keeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home