Friday, August 01, 2008

You can't run, and you can't hide...

"Do I believe in infant baptism? Heck, sir, I've seen it with my own eyes!"--Mark Twain

Some time ago, a new couple was joining our church and presenting their young son for baptism. The boy looked terrified at the prospect and I wondered if he might actually make a run for it. He didn't, but I thought to myself it wouldn't be so bad if he had. What would be a better example of our natural state and God's grace? Until Christ seizes us by his own hand, and turns our hearts toward him, we want nothing to do with him. We run terrified from his presence. Yet, his grace is effectual. He will have his people. Not one of them will be lost.

My prayer is that young boy will grow up to be a man, and he will never remember a time he didn't love Christ and his church.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, August 02, 2008, Blogger Tim said...

Hi Thomas,

Good to hear from you again. I love the Twain quote and your illustration!

I hope things are well there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home